Sunday, October 25, 2015

Developer's Journal --- A ''Thank You" Note...

Been truly busy with something critically important in my personal life (we are living in the real world, aren’t we?), just have to slow down the game development a bit…But will definitely catch up with progress, that means, I also hope I can release the DEMO a.s.a.p.
I’ve been planning this “Whole” game since early 2014, around March or April. The ‘’Whole” game means, East District 46 is only the tip of the iceberg. I spent around 50% time on research and story in addition to concept design and storyboarding, which all helped me flesh out the game world. But I finally decided to go with ED46 to test the water. There’s so much fun even now it’s a bit of a rockier road.


I like Google’s philosophy, ‘’It’s best to do one thing really, really well.”’ https://www.google.com/about/company/philosophy/ so if I can’t make a perfect game within the constraints, let me try to pick up at least one thing. For this ‘’Whole” project, I will be focusing on ‘’game world’’, which is the biggest and the most important character in my eyes. God creates all the heavens and the earth on Day 1, all creatures on Day 6, let me follow his instruction even though that’s not about Video Game Design…(I’m not a Christian:-) ).
Finally, just want to say ‘’Thank you”, not for any obvious reason, I’m probably more creative than social, but just want to let the world know I am thankful, most of the time:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment